Welcome to the official page for #100daysofsocializing. Here you’ll learn the rules and get answers to all your questions. There is an FAQ (coming soon), and also a Facebook community where you can ask questions and help likeminded.
Challenge yourself to go outside and socialize with people even though you stutter.
The main rules of the challenge
- Speak for a minimum of 15 minutes with strangers daily.
- Update on your progress in our community with the hashtag: #100daysofsocializing
- Ask at least two people in our community on how they are doing.
That’s it for the rules.
Commit and make it public
The easiest way to be 1 % each day better is to commit to a challenge publicly. Join our community and write your first post about what you’ll be working on for the next 100 days. Keep coming back and update on your progress. That way likeminded will be motivated and stick to the challenge.
The next steps
If you’ve decided to commit to the challenge here are the next steps:
- Join our community and say “hi”.
- Post every day about your ups and downs in the community.
- Plan your 100 days of socializing. What social skills do you want to work on? Is it anxiety, small talk, or something else? Here is a framework to help you get started:
Resources to help you survive 100 days of socializing
Nobody said it should be easy, so here you have a few resources to get through. It will be updated continuously.
- Limitations – “Small talk? – you mean like talking to real people?”
- Small talk – how to make a happy ending
- Simple but powerful small talk tips for beginners
- Stuttering Sally recommends: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- 8 ways to improve your communication even though you stutter
Why do it?
Why do anything, when you stutter? The answer is:
We are Somebody. We are more than our Stuttering™. We have lives to live, jobs to perform, and families to look out for. We accept that we stutter, but the ways stuttering restrain our social interaction is unacceptable.
Let us built our social skills and be who we’re meant to be; a Sassy Socializer.
Tips to succeed the #100daysofsocializing challenge
- Each day “like” and comment on your fellow Sassy Socializer’s posts in the community. This way, we keep a positive attitude towards the challenge and motivate each other.
- Use the resources.
- Read the FAQ (coming soon).
If you feel the need to get in touch reach out here: Matt Roner.
Last but not least; join our newsletter to 10x your social skills